For many people their pet is a valued member of the family, and any move requires that you find an apartment that will allow them to come along too. The moving process can be a long process, and having an animal may add a few more things to your moving check list but they are worth it. Here are a few tips on moving with pets.
• Talk to your veterinarian if you are moving a long distance away. You will want to get any shot records that they have, as well as making sure that your animal has all of their vaccinations up to date before the move. Ask the veterinarians office if they have any recommendations for great vets in your new town.
• Use the internet to search out and find a veterinarian ahead of time. Find one with positive online feedback, and call and talk to them about any questions you may have about getting there and to see if they are taking new animals.
• Make sure and update the tags on your animals to include your new address and phone number. If your pet has a chip in them be sure and contact the microchip company with your updated information.
• Be sure and have a pet carrier or crate available for the moving and packing process. The packing process can be long and one of the best ways to maintain organization during the process is to rent a self storage Toronto space. When boxes are packed up you can move them out of the space and into a storage unit. This will give you and your pet more room to move around the house as well as be able to clean as you pack. Having a pet carrier or crate when you are moving boxes and furniture out of the house can be essential to keeping your indoor animals from getting out. On moving day when you are traveling to the self storage Toronto space to get your boxes and furniture you will want to have a carrier so they do not get out of the car. Additionally it is safer for them than possible being thrown around the car should you have to make any sudden stops along the way.
• Be sure and label any boxes that contain the pets food, bowls, and toys, and pet supplies if they are going into a self storage Toronto space. Your pet will need these items in the new home, and by setting them up with their stuff they may adjust to the new home easier.
• Before you let your pet out of their carrier in the new home check for any hazards like holes in the fence or a loose window screen that may let them get out and become lost in the new environment.
These are just a few of the tips that can help you survive the packing and moving process with pets. Just remember that with a little bit of planning ahead you can make your move much easier for all people and animals involved.
Tweet This Post