Check lists are pretty much a “must have” item when dealing with the moving process. Check lists help us to remember all of the little details that, if left undone, can throw a wrench into a smooth moving plan. Here are a few examples of check lists that can help you created a less stressful move.
• Utilities/Mail checklist- this is a list that you have begun compiling as soon as you knew you were moving. Any time a piece of mail comes you write it on the checklist. Keep track with this check list of who you talked to, when you need to have further contact, and any dates associated with the bills that may be important during the moving process. Be sure to contact all utilities providers, credit card bills, car insurance companies, and magazine subscriptions with your new address to avoid any missed bills or any lost communication. Set scheduled dates for all utilities to be either turned off or switched over to another’s name on the day of the move.
• Packing checklist- this is a list of all of the packing supplies that you will need to get started on the packing process. There are many specialty packing items, like electronic boxes, furniture pads, and glass wear dividers that you don’t want to forget. Make a packing “shopping” list so that you will have all of the tools you need to pack.
• Keep a calendar with dates. Life will continue to provide you with events and obligations during your moving process. Schedule your time out, and remember that packing does requires some time dedicated to it, so be sure not to overbook yourself.
• Since you will be utilizing a self storage in Toronto space to help you during the move, be sure and keep track of dates when friends will be over to help you move larger, heavier items such as furniture. This will give you plenty of time to prepare for their arrival and have a space cleared out to move items.
• Moving day checklist- this is a schedule of what the moving day will look like. Make sure the friends and family members who are helping you move know what time to arrive and have a schedule for the day. List the start time to the day, and where to meet. Since you are utilizing the checklist method all of your packing can be done ahead of time so it may be easiest for your moving party to meet you at your self storage in Toronto space.
• Car checklist- This is a list of all the things that should not be packed away, but needs to make it into the car on moving day. This includes any medication, your child’s favorite stuffed animal, towels and toilet paper (you want to be able to find that when you get to your new house), important documents, and the keys to the lock on your self storage in Toronto space.
With the checklist method in place there were be less of a chance that you have forgotten anything, and more of a chance that your move runs smoothly.
Tweet This Post