With summer here, the most popular hunting season is in full swing….it’s bargain hunting. Every weekend people are getting out of bed early on Saturday morning to see what treasures can be found or deals can be made at the garage sales in their community.
Most people think of garage/yard sales in terms of the stuff they find. The expression “one man’s trash is another man’s treasure” is proven over and over again every week. Most people don’t consider how their own “trash” can be turned into treasure for themselves, but they should because if you do your garage sale right it can be a nice little money maker for you.
The most obvious way to hold a successful garage sale is to have quality stuff people want at prices that are realistic. But presentation is a real key to a successful yard sale. Self storage in Scarborough is a great way to maximize your sale’s potential.
With monthly leasing and move-in specials, self storage in Scarborough is both affordable and convenient. This enables you to devote as much planning to your yard sale as you care to. Why is using self storage in Scarborough so beneficial to a yard sale? Let us count the ways:
• You won’t feel “forced” to sell an item. If your main motivation to hold a garage sale is just to clear out your cluttered home you’re more likely to sell things well below their value just to see them leave. Moving those items out of your removes that desperation and willingness to settle for a lower price than you feel is appropriate.
• Having a place outside your home to carefully sort your sellable items will enable you to properly evaluate everything and come up with prices that are both fair to your potential customers and you (while still leaving room for the time-honored tradition of haggling).
• Having everything you want to sell in one place ensures you won’t hold your sale only to find an entire room’s worth of items you had forgotten to put on display.
• You can actually go out of your way to find things to sell. Visit other garage sales. Is someone selling something far below what it’s worth? Maybe they’re feeling that desperation to sell. Make a few wise purchases and flip them at your own sale for a profit. Trust us, you won’t be the only one doing it.
• Renting self storage in Scarborough means you can pick and choose your weekend. Scout out the newspaper ads and Craigslist postings. Does a particular weekend seem to have a lot more sales going on than another? Does someone appear to be selling many items similar to yours? Stay away from those dates knowing that sitting on all your stuff an extra week won’t hamper your home life in the least.
Garage sales can be a fair amount of work. Why go to the trouble if you can’t be successful? Rent self storage in Scarborough for all the reasons listed above and you’ll be well on your way to yard sale success.
Tweet This Post